I have been working from home for over two months now. At first, I dreaded it. I feel more productive sitting at my office desk with my 3 monitors…and no bed to crawl back into! The office helps give me the discipline that I need to stay more structured.
The thought of working from home and sharing a home office with my husband was not something I looked forward to. Don’t get me wrong—I adore my husband, but working in a small office together can be challenging.
The first few days of quarantine, I found myself posting things like this on Facebook:
As time went on, I sensed a change in myself. I started noticing things that I never would have before.
Before everything shut down, we were always on the go thanks to our teenagers and their many activities. Now I find myself with nowhere to go and plenty of time for reflection.
I have noticed that:
- I enjoy working from home and productivity is my choice.
- Quantity of time with my family trumps quality time in immeasurable ways.
- Inspirational words from a leader can make a difference and silence from a leader is deafening.
- Seniors graduating in 2020 have handled huge losses with more grace, dignity and strength than we typically give their generation credit for.
- Nature is a calming agent that we don’t get lost in enough.
- With enough alone time, you realize how beautiful and complicated your heart is.
What have you noticed?